Answered By: Erin Wachowicz Last Updated: Nov 23, 2016 Views: 56
Try using the following databases:
- Hover your mouse over the Search dropdown menu at the top of the page and select Deal Search
- On the left side of the page, look for the Filter by options
- Select filters based on preference
- Click on the Close Filters button
- Click the See results button in the upper-left corner of the page
- You can export your results to excel, save results to a list, or save your search
- Select Private Equity from the navigation menu at the top of the page.
- On the left-navigation pane, click on Venture Deals.
To find all deals and activity by individual firms:
- Select Fund Manager from the left-navigation pane
- Browse the list or search by firm name.
To find all deals by venture or startup:
- Select Portfolio Company from the left-navigation pane
- Search by company name, or generate a list by selecting industry and locations.
To search or screen for deals by multiple criteria
- Select Advanced Search from the left-navigation pane.
- Search by company and investor location, industry, deal size, date and deal stage.
- Start by clicking on Screening & Analysis on the navigation bar at the top of the page.
- Using the Private Equity drop-down menu, click on Companies & Investors.
- Select Firm from the Search Entity Type options.
- For Entities Involved In, Select Venture Capital Deals from the drop-down menu.
- To search by company, complete the relevant fields in the Portfolio Company Detail box. Click on he magnifying glass icon near each empty field to search for and to add multiple items. Additional fields are available in by clicking on Open Advanced Options.
- Scroll down and click on Generate Results at the bottom of the screen to run the search. From here, you will have top option to export your results to Excel or Adobe PDF.
Note: Thomson One has browser and setting requirements. Click here for more information.
- On the left-navigation pane, look for the Advanced Searches box (in the middle)
- Click on VC Fundings
- Select your criteria
- Tip: try using the keyword search to select an industry
- Once all relevant criteria is selected, click on the Search button in the lower-right corner.
- You can save your search and/or export your result to Excel.
- Note: PrivCo requires users to sign up for an account using a Yale email address. You will need to login with this account to use the platform, in addition to being on the Yale Network.
Tip: Each of these resources categorizes portfolios using different industry classification systems. Search for some portfolio companies that you are already aware of to see how they are classified in each database. This will help you build your larger search.
Contact the Business & Management Librarian